When Conques abbey received Perse monastery as donation in 1060, monks decided to entirely rebuild it because the monument was fallen in decay. In the XIth and XIIth centuries, builders of new church usually either destroyed being edifice to use the place again or built the new church further. In that case, the new church was built with a peculiar way.
| || |
Choir begins with a triumphal arch supported by 2 capitals with sculptured personages. The bottom in an oven vault is reinforced with half-cylindrical arches to support roof of slates directly laid without framework. Choir wall is cut with 5 little arches, among 3 stained-glass windows and 2 blind windows. Choir entry is surmounted with an oculus (circular window).
|the Church tower|
|the Funeral structures|